Thursday, October 16, 2008

You'd Think I'd Know Better

If you look at my profile you'll see two things--I'm a mom, I'm a keeper of kids. I've been a mom for 8 years and have been keeping kids for 7. So, what follows should be filed either under "you'd think she'd know by now" or "people really trust her with their kids?"

It is a gorgeous day today, the rain has stopped the sun is shining, all is right with the world. I'm trying to be domestic today, so while I am hanging wash out on the line (how green of me) the boys are playing on the driveway. I finish hanging out the wash and tend to the chickens. On my way in to the house to put the eggs in the fridge, "CW, stay away from that puddle. Let's not throw rocks in it."

I come back outside--he's by the puddle again (of course). He grins and moves away. I realize the bottom of his pants are wet. "Oh no," I think, "if his pants are wet so are his shoes."

On the way in the house I ask two-year old CW a stupid question, "Why'd you get in the puddle?" To which he replies, "because..." I finish the answer for him, "Because it was there."
The pants are in the wash, hopefully the shoes will be dry by this afternoon. Sorry B, at least your son is having fun.

No comments: