Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pioneer Woman

We have water today. Robby and mom spent a good part of yesterday thawing the pipe and then replacing the heat tape and insulation around it. We managed fine without water in the house since we were able to drive out to the pig pens and get water from that faucet. It was inconvenient, but really no big deal.

Yesterday I got to wondering if I could have made it as a pioneer woman. I don't know if I can answer the question based on not having water yesterday because I did have electricity and heat all day.

I can't imagine having to take care of a household without running water or electricity. I guess in pioneer times they didn't think twice about it because they didn't know any differently. I'm thankful there were pioneer women who braved the elements, but I'm equally thankful I have all of the modern amenities I do.

No comments: