Once again, here are my Friday fill-ins on Saturday. Do you see a trend here? I kind of like going against the grain, and I really like that I finished all of my shopping yesterday.
The instructions said to fill in the lyrics either with the correct ones or with something silly.
You can go here to see where I got this. My answers are in green.
1. Said the night wind to the little lamb, "Do you hear what I hear?" (or was it see, or was it why aren't you asleep yet?)
2. The first Noel, the angel did say, was to certain poor shepherds in fields where they lay. (What is a noel? And should the shepherds have been laying--aren't they supposed to be watching? If I were laying I'd be asleep.)
3. Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere.
4. It came upon the midnight clear, la la la la la la. (Do the la las to the melody, please.)
5. Darling, Let your heart be light. (I've never heard this one.)
6. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing every other spring. (or this one)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to fish fry at Umbarger, tomorrow my plans include finishing my necklace orders, and Sunday, I want to put up mom's tree.
Tried to be witty, but my brain is finished for the day and I still have some things to do. I realize it is Saturday, but I think it'd be fun if you join in on this one. Let me know if you do. The Friday Fill-Ins page is here.