8 ounces white glue
food coloring (optional)
1 cup water
20 Mule Team Borax
Combine glue, food coloring and 3/4 cup water in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining water and 1 Tbsp. borax. Add the borax mixture to the glue and stir. It will immediately make a blob.
At this point I add a small amount of water to the container I mixed the borax in (because there will be a little bit of borax still in the cup) and then add that to the goo. You'll want to continue working the "blob" until it is no longer soupy--the best way to do this is with both hands.
When it is all together, you're done. I divided it among the kids and let them get busy.
- I dump the bottle of glue (I use Elmer's--it isn't quite an 8 oz. bottle anymore) into the bowl, then pour the 3/4 cup water into the bottle and shake it up to get all of the glue out.
- The recipe says that food coloring is optional--but what's the fun in plain goo?
- This recipe is really fool-proof as near as I can tell.
- This keeps quite a while in a sealed container.
- It will take the shape of whatever container you put it in. If you make it into a ball, it will eventually flatten back out.
- The more gentle you are, the more things you can get it to do.
I can nearly guarantee hours (at least large blocks of minutes) of fun with this stuff. Adults are even taken with it. Try it and let me know how much fun you had! Go here to see more pictures of the boys playing with it.