3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 stick margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp. grated onion
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter and drop in potatoes and onion. Let that cook for a few minutes.
2. Add rest of ingredients.
3. Simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are the texture and consistency you like. Stir often while cooking. This tends to stick, so don't just walk off once you get it started.
- I add several cloves of minced garlic.
- I generally use 4 potatoes, I like the soup thicker.
- At the end, you can add your favorite cheese and melt in.
- Crumbled bacon or pieces of ham (sometimes I use leftover deli-slices) are good toppings.
- I like to put corn in mine (Robby doesn't really, so I heat up some corn and put in my bowl.)
- This is just a basic recipe, you can jazz it up to suit your taste.