30 Minute Chili
1 lb. hamburger
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
2 tsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin powder
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup water
- Brown meat, onion and garlic; drain well
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- I use closer to 3/4 tsp. salt--the tomato sauce has it in it and chili powder sometimes does.
- I measure the water in the 8 oz. tomato sauce can--I like my consistency a little thicker, so I generally don't use the full cup.
- I love to make my Frito pie into a wrap--flour tortilla with the chili, Fritos and cheese inside.