- You don't have to get out at every house with your kids for two reasons. 1. Everyone knows them. 2. You'd never finish trick-or-treating because you'd visit too much.
- My kids received candy from some of the same people that used to hand it out to me.
- If you do get out with your kids, you can almost bet you'll walk away with a piece of candy, too.
- When someone opens the door, you hear, "Come on in here."
- The first year T.S. went trick-or-treating, a friend of ours opened both hands and gave T.S. a choice--candy or a golf ball. T.S. chose the golf ball. He's gotten a golf ball from him every year since.
- I came away from one house with new crocheted pot holders.
- Sadie was sad that we, "couldn't stop by Roberta's this year." How often does a 9 year old remember that a 90+ year old passed away since last Halloween? You could never leave Roberta's house without a sack of candy and a hug/kiss. She always wore bright lipstick, too.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Why I Love Trick-Or-Treating in Happy...
Last night I was again reminded of how blessed we are to live in our little community. Here are a few reasons why: