This is off of the AP wire: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gb14TxGFjaNfNsI_oNCTYWfrXXfgD92PK10O0
This article is from the local Amarillo paper:
Supposedly the board will decide which teachers are "stable" enough to be allowed to carry guns and they will only use a certain bullet that is "safer".
This bothers me for several reasons:
- Harrold has now announced to the whole world that they are a small school on a major highway with no law enforcement (I can see the crazy people plotting now)
- Do you really think a teacher won't eventually pull a gun on a misbehaving student??
- What is going to keep the students from getting the gun from the teacher--can you say mutiny?
- Guns will not prevent unstable people from trying to carry out whatever crazy plan they have on the school.
- Isn't "safe bullet" an oxymoron???
Maybe I'm a little old fashioned or short-sighted